Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Day #1,257 - Burner Testing


Burner Testing

Yesterday Doc tried out the airjet tub, today it was the gas cooktop.  He wiped out the bugs and dirt, then cooked some sausages.  All the burners seem to be working.

This morning around 10 a.m. Doc and I were assembling some shelves in my office.  Doc was on the ladder while I was trying to stabilize the assembly.  The doorbell rang. I wondered if it was a neighbor or perhaps a delivery person.  Should I ignore it?  Just let my go and leave Doc in limbo?  Should I even respond since Doc and I were both in pajamas?  It turned out to be Handyman George.  He had an hour to kill before his next appointment, so he came to hang out at the Penny Palace.  We told him to please ignore the pajamas, grab a drill motor and help assemble the shelves.  That task was done in a matter of minutes, so then we asked him to move some boxes and then finish staining the bare spots on the handrail.  Wonder if he will ever just ‘drop by’ again?   LOL

At noon Doc headed to school and I headed out to do some errands before going to the Pomona house.  After visiting several stores, but finding no coins, I started talking to the Angels.  Told them it was time for them to deliver.  I walked into the Target store and immediately spotted a quarter near the entryway.  There was a dime a few seconds later.  I told the Angels I really should have a penny as well since this is Penny Tales.  Within ten seconds I had a penny and then a second one.  There was also another quarter and another dime before leaving the store.  (Coins #1-6)  The Angels delivered more than I requested.

I worked for a few hours at the Pomona house.  Did some paperwork for the rental properties, checked emails, and packed 5-6 boxes of stuff.

I had a 7 pm haircut appointment.  When I took the leave of absence I vowed to make the time for a haircut every three months.  It has been four months and tomorrow is my Retirement Goodbye Handshake, so that provided a good excuse.  Found three pennies and a dime at that stop. (Coins #7-10).

I really wanted to get home to feed the dogs and unpack all the gear.  But I also wanted a nickel.  Made a quick stop at a 7-11 store, but only found three pennies. (Coins #11-13).


This evening as I am typing the Penny Tale I am enjoying the view of the City Lights.  Heck!  Let me see if my little camera can catch that for you so that YOU can enjoy too!

Total:    13  Coins        P (8), N (0), D (3), Q (2) = $0.88

No comments: