Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, May 4, 2012

Day #1,232 - Fireplace Glowing


The work day began at the Pomona house this morning.  The Slagle brothers arrived and within 30 minutes had removed the embroidered doors from my office as well as the closet organizer from the Master Bedroom. 

We then headed to the Penny Palace where they hung the doors and installed the closet organizer in the new bedroom.  I am calling that closet the “Costume” closet -- things which get worn once a year or less.  It made me smile to see my brother’s carpentry work installed in the new house versus leaving it behind.  His oak-banded melamine shelves are so much nicer that the wire ones from Home Depot.



The Slagles also hung shelves in the garage, added some scribe molding to kitchen cabinets, installed door stops, hung shelving track in the coat closet, put in the patio door screens and completed numerous other tasks.





Window Brian completed cleaning all the window frames and thresholds.  Clear blue skies now visible through the cathedral windows (versus plastic).






Joshua from the fireplace center opened the glass box, arranged the logs and embers, and connected the wiring. Now all we have to do is flip a switch to get the fireplace glowing. No mess, no fuss.

***************
Doc spent the morning grading exams.  He did collect a penny when he went for breakfast.  Saw it before even getting out of his van.

Mid-afternoon Doc arrived at the Penny Palace with the doggies.  This was the first time all three dogs were on site together. 

***************
At 5 p.m. we headed up to our cabin in the mountains.  We had not been there in nine months and needed to check on it. Figured that was the best place for Doc to grade his midterm exams.  No TV, no computers, no distractions (or so we thought).

We stopped at the grocery store for food for the weekend. By the time we were checking out, I still had no coin for the day.  Doc could tell I was getting antsy.  He asked, “Do you want to wander around a little while I finish paying?”  “Yes, I do.”  I walked about 10 ft. and found a penny under a display stand.  Whew!  Doc said, “One penny is not enough.  Go walk the parking lot”.  I did and found a nickel in the skateboard area.

Doc was still not satisfied with the coin count for the day  (Penny Fever), so he drove across the street to the convenience store where he collected two pennies.

***************
We arrived at the cabin and unpacked.  Turned on the water and attempted to turn on the furnace. No luck.  Tried and tried.  Called the Gas Company.  Soonest service appointment would be next Tuesday.  Doc said he was cold during the night.  I wasn’t.  I just snuggled in with the three dogs!  They loved being in my bed with the clean flannel sheets and soft velour blanket.




Total:   5 Coins        P (4), N (1), D (0), Q (0) = $0.09

2 comments:

JR said...

For the lucky ones who did not sit through the second video past 1:02: a certain attraction at a certain theme park is mentioned which brings to mind a certain annoyingly repeated soundtrack song that is now stuck in my head. Thanks a lot.

Merril said...

The cupboard doors look good, Tina. I'm glad you did not leave them behind.