Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, September 2, 2012

Day #1,353 - Dungeon Time


This morning at 8 a.m. Doc and son Steve headed to Lowe’s to purchase some folding tables.  Steve had been debating between renting or buying tables for his upcoming event.  He was hesitant to buy since he has no place to store any tables.  I was planning to buy six tables for the upcoming Open House so I proposed that Steve buy three and we buy three, then store them in the Dungeon.  Win / win situation.  Doc found a penny on that run. (Doc #1)
Insulation Tacking

If they were bringing new tables, that meant the dungeon needed cleaning.  For the next two hours I swept, cleaned, and moved things in the Dungeon.  By the time Doc and Steve arrived with the tables, I was drenched in sweat and ready to fall over.

As long as we were already under the house, it seemed like a good time for Doc and I to  re-hang some dangling floor insulation.  So for the next two hours we did a bit of  fix-ups.

Doc made a run to McDonalds for lunch and a penny. (Doc Coin #2)

The afternoon was spent writing Penny Tales, cleaning, paying bills, etc.  Doc did a little bit of school prep work.  I worked on the last few placecards for tomorrow’s wedding.

At 6:30 p.m. it was time to get out of the house.  The office supply and the other store we attempted to visit had both closed at 6 p.m.  Frustrating.  We obtained dog food at the next store.  We penny searched a 7-11  store where I found a penny at the self-serve car wash and Doc found a dirt penny in a planter.  (Coins #3&4) Doc began driving away and as I was noting those two finds in my little voice recorder, I yelled “Coin!”  Doc wasn’t sure if that was for the voice journal, or if I had in fact seen a penny?  But he is well-trained, so he stopped immediately and asked. “Do you want me to back up?”   “Of course!”  (Coin #5)


Total:  5 Coins        P (5), N (0), D (0), Q (0) = $0.05


No comments: