Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, September 7, 2012

Day #1,358 - Missing a Year


Today I wished a “Happy One-Year Anniversary” to a friend.  She replied, “It has been TWO years”.  Geez!  Did I lose a year?  “Yes - you have been busy building your Penny Palace”.

Days just seem to fly so quickly.  Today was one of those which went from 7 a.m. to 2 a.m. and I only accomplished a small percentage of my intended activities.  (Must be getting slower in my old age).


There are three events at the Penny Palace which I am pulling together for next month,  The first is the Annual Gathering for Doc’s Mechanical Engineering Department, the seond is a Potluck and Tour of the house for Neighbors, and the third is the Weekend of Celebration and Open House for everyone.  Each event is requiring database research, invitations, equipment, food, RSVPs,  etc.  Also the house is no where near ready to be shown off yet.  We still have Ramboard on the floors and boxes underfoot.
Boxes Movin' on Up

Doc agreed to spend another hour in the garage!  We eliminated the last of HIS stack.  Next we need to tackle MY stack.  Just as we were wrapping up that hour, the box of Open House invitations arrived from the printer.  I was soooooo anxious to open those, but held off until some of my “chores” were done.  I knew that once the box was opened, those cards would scream at me to be addressed and that will probably take days.

The rest of this morning was a blur of minor activities:  Neighbor Craig dropped in to brainstorm on some ideas for a poster-sized neighborhood map for the Potluck.  I ordered the chair fabric with Drapery Brian.  Other fabric was ordered directly with the Upholsterer. Energy Rater Pete called us with this week’s debriefing. A friend made a dozen miniscule adjustments to the Open House inserts, so those took an hour to incorporate.  I created and sent the Department Potluck Invite to people for editing.

I planned to leave the house by noon, but finally departed around 1:30.  I went to the paper store to get copper-colored envelopes.  No luck and too late now to order on line.  Next I went to the printer to see if he could color copy the inserts.  Too busy there and too costly at other places - I will need to print the cards at home. One penny found there.  (Coin #1).

There were more errands after that. By the time I arrived home, I was pooped.  Doc proposed going out for a Mongolian BBQ dinner.   I put paper in the desktop printer so some insert cards would be ready for me when we returned.  We were headed to the restaurant when Doc pulled into the local college parking lot.  He wanted to find a penny today.  He finally found a Sit-N-Find.  Then he found a second one.  The score was now 2-1 his favor.  He kept cruising.  I found a coin.  Penny Finding War.  Tied score:  2-2.

Open House Invites
I was dreading the potential long lines and crowd at the restaurant on a Friday night.  There was only one other occupied table!  Doc and I had a great meal which helped me transition into the next part of today.  From 8 p.m. until 2 a.m. I sorted and rolled the coins from our coin jars in order to pull out all the shiny pennies.  (Those are NOT the coins from the Daily Coin Finds).  Tomorrow I will take the  $300+ of coin rolls to the bank.  That loose change really does add up.  


Then I began assembling  a few of the Open House Invitations ….

Total: 4 pennies


No comments: