Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, September 14, 2012

Day #1,365 - "Close"

Stairpost Collar

This morning the Slagle Brothers were back on site.  I had made a list of a dozen things for them to tackle and in a mere four hours, they had done just that.  They attached a loose cabinet door, built a platform over the file cabinets in my office, created new window shelves to display gifts from friends, installed towel hangers, and more.  One of the best things was the placement of the collars around the staircase pole.  That staircase has taken 9.5 months to complete. It is great to finally close that project.

There was a surprise call from one of Doc’s cousins in Oklahoma.  She received one of our Open House invites and was very impressed with them.
Window Shelf

Doc headed to work to prepare for the Fall term which begins Monday.


Shortly after the Slagles left, Gardener Raul called to enquire about working today versus tomorrow.  He arrived at 3 p.m. so I worked out in the yard for a while.  Temperatures were over 100 degrees, so I stayed out only a short time!

***************
There were two main objectives today:  To finish off the Invitations for the Mechanical Engineering Faculty Potluck and to complete the first working draft of the Penny Palace Walking Tour Guidebook.

As soon as Raul left at 4:40 I was off to the post office.  Bought the postage stamps, frantically applied them, and by 4:59 I dropped them in the mail slot.  That was very close for meeting the 5 p.m. pick up time.

I stopped at a grocery store to look for a coin. Spotted one in check out Lane #1 which was very crowded.  Grabbed a few items as an excuse to go through the long line. The penny was gone by the time I reached the register.  Close, but merely a foregone coin.  As I was walking out, a boxboy was sweeping the floors.  He swept a penny aside, but then picked it up.  Once again I was close.

I stopped by a convenience store close to home.  I had frozen items in the car, so I was quite firm with the Angels.  “Look Guys (or Gals) - I have frozen items plus I have a midnight deadline to get a draft of the Program written.  Let’s get the coin business out of the way so I can keep working.”  There was a penny, then a dime inside the store.

I was home furiously working on the Program when the doorbell rang.  It was Son Stephen and his family.  The power was out at their house and they were headed out for dinner.  They said they might return if they needed refuge.

At 8 p.m. Doc arrived home from work.  He was exhausted, so he left me alone and ‘allowed me’ to work on various household projects without him interfering.  (In other words he ‘checked out’ for the rest of the evening).


Total:  2 Coins        P (1), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.11

No comments: