Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, September 17, 2012

Day #1,368 - Purchase Offer


Over the weekend several people reviewed my Penny Palace Walking Tour Guidebook.
Garage Time




I had a noon goal to integrate the edits and complete the working draft.  I was intensely working on that project when Doc summoned me out to the garage to assist him in creating bicycle hangers!  Yesterday he had stated his intentions to finally tackle that project and said it would not take very long for him to do.  I gave him my blessing and said to go ahead -- as long as he did not need my assistance. I had a deadline to meet.



HVAC Brian

Doc asked me for 15 minutes; I was out there an hour.  During that hour HVAC Brian also dropped in.  He wanted to look at the system in our attic as an example for another job he is doing.

It was mid day and I was STILL working on the Walking Tour Program with much left to do.  Realtor Adrie called.  We had just received our first official offer on the Pomona house!  The Buyers offered a lower-than-listed price and they wanted ALL FURNISHINGS they saw in the house.  They also wanted a 21 day (very short escrow) since their current house is already in escrow.  We needed to meet with Adrie as soon as possible to determine our Counter Offer and to establish a list of contents we would leave with the house.  We agreed to meet her at 8 p.m. at the Pomona house.
Table #2 goes to Pomona



Of course we can not leave the dining table we finally obtained after years of it being on my Wish List.  But we did have another table … Remember on Day #1,233 when we found that nice set of oak chairs and table at that roadside estate sale?  At the time I said I really just needed the chairs - I did not NEED another table.  (Although I do really like it).   Maybe the Finding Angels gave me that table for this reason.  COINcidence?

Counter Offer Signed
At 6:30 p.m. Doc and I loaded up Table #2 and headed to the Pomona house.  We stopped for dinner at a Mexican food place.  Although we were eating inside, I did run outside to check for coins at the drive-up window.  I was disappointed that there were none to be found.  Doc was placing our order when he noticed a penny in the toothpick dispenser!  I fiddled with the container and managed to obtain the penny and a dime!  (Coins #1&2)  The penny was super shiny and looked brand new - just like the ones I had been seeking to glue on the Invitations.  I turned it over to discover it was a Wheat Penny!  (Old One - 1957)  Doc said it looked uncirculated.

We met with the realtor, signed the counter offer, and made a list of house contents to remain with the house.

Table #1 Comes to Penny Palace
We arrived home with Table #1.  Called son Stephen to please come to our rescue.  Doc did not want to take the table to school with him in the morning and I was too weak to carry my half of it.  What a blessing to have strong and nearby help.







Total:  2 Coins        P (1), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.11

No comments: