Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Day #1,363 - Home Cookin'







Lumber Hauler
Last night I was sooo very tired that I fell asleep on MY sofa at 11 p.m.!  Doc woke me at midnight to say he was heading for bed.  After that one-hour nap, I was recharged and cranked on various projects until 4:30 a.m.






This morning my goal was to make significant progress on the Penny Palace Walking Tourbook.  Doc had other plans … he wanted me to work with him in the detached garage.  He was determined to get the pile of long lumber pieces transported and stacked in the dungeon.



Sofas Delivered
By Noon I had to get working on the Walking Tourbook.  My goal was to get a rough outline in place by 2 p.m. to email to a friend for a basic review.  At 1:15 the La Z Boy truck arrived.  Doc’s recliner, sofa and loveseat were carried into place.  Hope he likes them.



George was one of the delivery guys. I thanked him for his delivery to the Penny Palace, gave him a Penny Card and gave him the very short version of ‘the story’.  He left and I went back to work.  A few minutes later he rang the doorbell and asked for a signature he had forgotten to get.  His comment, “And while I am here, you said you were an engineer and I have this idea ….”  I cringed at what he might say, so I asked the Angels for an open mind and answers if needed.  George told me his idea and we had a good brainstorming session for 2-3 minutes.  I think he was inspired as he left saying, “I have a feeling it was no COINcidence that we met today”.
Sofas in Place












Ideas for PP Walking Guidebook

***************
For the next two hours I worked on the Walking Tour Guidebook.  By 5 p.m. I needed a break!  I was expecting someone at 6 p.m. so I made a very quick trip to hand-deliver 3 invitations, take another batch for mailing, and collect three pennies.  (Coins #1-3)  I was back home within 30 minutes to take a quick shower and prepare my documents.

***************
My mom had some pork loins which were about to spoil, so she offered to prepare and deliver them to us.  Also to serve as a “Thanks” for making her stay here during those few days after her knee injury.  She prepared a real, home-cooked meal!  (A rarity in this house).  Of course it meant that the stovetop was dirtied.

Recliner Testing


Mom Makin' Dinner
Around 9:45 p.m. Mom and I ‘hit the streets’ to deliver the first of the Neighborhood Potluck Flyers.  That was a very foolish thing to do in the dark.  I forgot to take a flashlight and tripped on an entryway step.  Went down on both hands and knees. Ouch!

We did meet one new couple who said for sure they would be at the potluck.  They had not even opened their envelope yet!  I will consider that the first official RSVP.  Yipee!

***************
Doc collected one penny with his early morning coffee run, then three pennies during his lunch run.  (Coins #4-7)





Total:  7 Pennies

No comments: