Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, September 11, 2009

Day #266 - "Obedient Doc"

I asked Doc for a title for today’s Penny Tale. He said “I was Obedient.” J

Today I wanted a quick penny find. We tried the Circle K store, no coins. Next we went to fuel the truck at the Shell station. I searched the food store; nothing on the first pass. Then Doc entered the store, and a dime appeared as I was leaving. When Doc was fueling the truck, he moseyed over to the vacuum pump canisters. He emerged from the bushes with a washer and his 2¢ worth for the day.

Doc and I parted ways and I left him with instructions to please restrain himself on the Penny Searching. So Doc drove past the usual drive thru Starbucks (there was a very long line) and went to the walk in Starbucks instead. He chose a small taco stand versus McDonalds for dinner. He didn’t even search next door at the convenience store while his food was being prepared! Such restraint! When I got home at 9 PM there were no love notes - just a half eaten taco salad and partial burrito waiting for me. (Romantic Friday night gourmet meal). J

Today’s Total: 3 coins P (2), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.12

****************************************************

Note: There were coins taped to my door at work. Evidently there are anonymous Penny Finders who are not willing to publicly admit their addiction.

Penny Taco Bell on Campus June 5

Penny Green Room on Campus June 18

Penny Coco’s in Glendora July 26

These are Indirect Finds which I log in, then add to the “Jar of Joy Coins”

****************************************************

Alta Loma Lot Update:

The second batch of papers arrived from the escrow office late this afternoon. We need to review them over the weekend, then sign and submit them along with the payment on Monday.

Things are progressing.

No comments: