Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day #270 - CHANGES at Work

School begins again next week, so things are revving up.

This morning I delivered my pickup truck to the paint shop. The young store manager with whom I had spoken Saturday said he had already told a few people about Penny Finders! A glittering copper-colored pickup will just continue spreading Penny Fever. J

At the car rental agency I realized I had left my parking permit in the truck. Back to the paint shop. I had only been gone a little while, but the body work had begun. I collected the parking pass, then said, “Penny Angels, how about a coin to show Brett? That will just confirm my craziness and story!” I found a chewed up dime in the parking lot as I walked back to the rental car. (Coin #1) I returned to show Brett. Shared smiles.

Doc found his dime in the parking lot of Circle K after getting his coffee. (Coin #2)

At school Doc told me about a penny between the vending machines and microwave station. He couldn’t retrieve it without tools. I offered him the backscratcher in my office. (Coin #3)

On the way home Doc stopped at KFC for dinner and a penny (Coin #4)

***************

There are major CHANGES occurring at work. Several of the events I coordinate have been not just reduced, but totally eliminated for this next year. Faculty are not being hired, people are being excused, classes cancelled. At this point we as engineers would say we have a statically indeterminate problem. Too many unknowns for the few simultaneous given equations. New ways of thinking are needed.

Today’s Total: 4 coins P (2), N (0), D (2), Q (0) = $0.22

1 comment:

Manderina said...

Things happen for reasons that are not known at first. It could be that the "shrinking" happening at work is a sign and preparing you for a perfect opportunity.
You know me, I always look at the bright side! Some say this drives them crazy, but I know in my heart that everything happens for a reason... Don't question, just accept and SEE what you need to SEE...