Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, September 24, 2009

Day #279 - Quick Coins

I had numerous morning errands and chores to catch up with after having to be at work so early every day this week. After going to the bank, I decided to detour a few feet out of the way and look for coins at the grocery store. Realizing it had been a long time since I’d done a Singsong, I said” “Penny Angels, Penny Angels What do you Say? Can we quickly find a Coin for today?” Within 5 seconds there was a Nickel in my path! I said: “That was very fast” and pulled out the cassette recorder to take notes. At that point, I spotted a penny near the newspaper racks. (One of the new Lincoln series). I set down my notepad in order to call Doc and tell him about the Find when I spotted another Nickel under one of the newspaper racks. Wow. Three Quick Coins in response to today’s SingSong.

***************

Doc spent the morning at home preparing for his first day of lecture. On the way to school he stopped at the convenience store to check his lottery ticket. He parked, walked around the back of the van and looked for coins. After going in the store and then returning to his car, he noticed a coin where he had just walked and searched! Mushroom Coin. Penny visible from a new perspective. (Coin #4)

***************

At school I had some tasks I didn’t feel like doing. So my reward for completing them would be a ten minute walk. Around 4:00 PM I finally got to take the walk. Headed for the Marketplace / cafeteria which was finally open again after being closed all summer.

I noticed Kevin, one of my Engineering Council Officers in the Carl’s Jr. line. He smiled and said “I bet I know what you are doing.” I said: “Yes, I am Penny Finding. Would you please hand me the one you are standing on!” He had not noticed it. That was fun. (Coin #5). Shared Joy. I searched for a few more minutes when I noticed Kevin and two of his friends eating their food. Stopped to say hello. I noticed a penny 3-4 tables away. So I asked the student seated at the other table if I might reach by his foot to collect the penny there - to write today’s Penny Tale. He smiled. I gave him a business card and collected the penny - along with the dime that was there as well! (Coins #6&7).

When I returned to my building there was a dime at the top of the staircase. (Coin #8). I barely noticed it against the light flooring. As I was going home tonight, there was another nickel just outside the doors to the building. Lots of people walking over it. (Coin #9).

Today’s Total: 9 coins P (4), N (3), D (2), Q (0) = 39¢

Today’s Lesson: The Shared Finds are much more fun than the Solo Finds.

No comments: