Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, October 9, 2009

Day #294 - Learn, Eat, Help


LEARN, EAT, HELP (that’s a take off of the popular book Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert). Those words summarize today, and probably are things we should be doing every day.


LEARN. This morning Doc and I had a 4-hour training class at school. We were in a hurry walking from our offices to the workshop, yet Doc told me to walk through the little convenience station in the administration building and find a penny while he pushed the elevator button to get it activated. I breezed quickly in one door, grabbed a penny on the floor by the cash register, and was out the other door. Less than 10 seconds and the elevator doors hadn’t even opened yet. :-0 (Coin #1).

EAT. We left campus at 1:30 in order to meet with a potential Draftsperson for the houseplans!!!

Stopped at In-N-Out for burgers and the penny which was sitting so blatantly in the middle of the floor where people were ordering (Coin #2).

HELP. A co-worker needs to use our cabin for a few weeks, so we needed to prepare things for him. We rushed past our house, grabbed tools, a change of clothes, etc. and headed up the Mountain. Last time we left the cabin, the toilet was leaking, so we worked on that issue. Of course that meant a run to the local hardware store. There was a dime as we walked in the front door and a penny near the plumbing aisle where we were getting replacement parts (Coins #3-4).

EAT. On the way down the mountain we stopped for Mexican food at a local diner (the one we visited with our Aussie guest last week). It is a small place. I looked for coins as we walked in. Nothing. After placing my order I walked around the room looking for coins. Then I ventured next door to the liquor store to check Doc’s lottery ticket (and look for coins). Penny on the floor by the register. (Coin #5). I grabbed the coin and smiled at the cashier saying, “Lucky Penny for today”. He smiled and said, “Yeah, but I have a dime on my side”. ;-) Joy shared.


I returned to the Mexican restaurant and held out my hand with the penny as I approached Doc. Just then I spotted a penny a few feet from our table (mushroom coin). (Coin #6). Our server, Carlos, was a delight and we Shared Penny Tales with him. I had a healthy fish filet, while Doc had enchiladas, tacos, rice, beans, so he was happy. We had two delicious served
dinners (versus a drive through fast food window) with chips, salsa, and beverages all for $13! Super Splurge night. J Life is good.


***************

I’m beginning to believe we can make 300 Days of this Penny Finding phenomenon.

Just looked up the definition of phenomenon to see if that is the appropriate word to use:

phe·nom·e·non

1. a fact or occurrence that can be observed

2. something that is out of the ordinary and excites people’s interest and curiosity

3. something that is, or that is considered to be, truly extraordinary and marvelous

That sounds about right!!

Today’s Total: 6 Coins P (5), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = 15¢

Note: Not very many coins found today, but there was 1-2 hours spent on the new house plans.

Is the number of coins inversely proportional to the time spent on the new house?

No comments: