Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, October 22, 2009

Day #307 - P.S. for the Day

This was a very long day and grueling work week. This evening I vowed to write Penny Tales no matter how tired I was. Wanted to share with you the “magic” of a fabulous team which performed so eloquently today.

After writing the Tale, I tried for an hour to upload the story. The Blog site was not operational. I went to bed a bit disappointed. I tried to read for a few minutes. That lasted about 30 seconds before sheer exhaustion took over. I lay there thinking there was ZERO giving left in me today. Then I heard the trucks…

There was the sound of large trucks stopping very near by. I looked out the bedroom window to see an ambulance and fire trucks. I put on shoes and socks, grabbed house keys, notepad, phone and was out the front door within maybe 90 seconds. (My firefighter brother would have been proud).

The elderly gentleman next door was suffering with heart problems. Their daughter was staying there tonight. I held mom while husband was taken away, offered to stay home with mom, just tried to “Be there” while daughter was dealing with the situation.

I am laughing thinking that Doc will read this Blog in the morning to know what I was doing while he was sleeping. J

Mom needed to be at the hospital, so we got her ready. I went on a house-wide search for her eye glasses and Found a Penny! I had to laugh. I told daughter quickly about Penny Finders and that the Penny Angels would be with them tonight. She gave me the penny as a keepsake.

I ran back to my house for a few moments and packed up a care package with some nuts, crackers, food bars, etc. for the journey since there might not be food at the hospital at this hour. They were grateful as they drove off to the Emergency Room.

Lesson: Do not tell the Penny Angels you have Nothing Left to Give. They will prove you wrong and show you that You Can Always Give More. Love is Endless.

Question for Penny Angels, NOW may I be excused for the day? Please? …..

2 comments:

Phil said...

Awesome

Mandy said...

Your heart is so BIG!
I love you Tina!