Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, October 18, 2009

Day #303 - Narrow Minded

It’s Sunday evening and I’m wishing there were 3-4 more days to this weekend. I have not even opened the textbook for the two classes I am auditing, let alone attempted any of the homework. I used to be an A student and now if I was getting a grade it would be an F!

Penny Tales and many other things seem to come before homework.

***************

Morning Findings: We went out for breakfast and then stopped to water mom’s plants. No pennies. So we walked through CVS and Doc found a penny in the picture frame aisle. (Coin #1). While I went to the bank ATM machine for cash, Doc walked the grocery store to find a penny in the snack area. (Coin #2)

***************

This evening Doc declared that we did not yet have a respectable number of coins. Penny Fever. “The Readers want stories and more coins!” So we headed out for our weekly grocery shopping.

We stopped at the 7-11 because that is usually a target rich environment. I walked the parking lot uttering a SingSong, “Penny Angels, Penny Angels, What do you Say? Doc says we don’t have enough coins yet today”. Instantly I found a penny. I was recording that find and spotted a second penny. (Coins #3&4). Inside the store Doc was picking up a bright shiny, log house penny from right in the middle of the aisle. (Coin #5). Then he spotted a coin under the check out counter, so he bought a coffee while I dove for the dime. (Coin #6)

At Trader Joes I found a penny by the exit door as soon as we walked in. (Coin #7). Doc also spotted a penny in one of the check out lines, but it was underneath the cashier and the line was long. After shopping a while, we revisited that station when there was no line, so Doc swooped in for the taking. (Coin #8) As I was checking out, there was a penny in one of the cardboard candy holders on the counter (Coin #9).

At Sprouts groceries I searched all the check out lines when we arrived, then while we were shopping, then again when I went to pay. Nothing. While I paid for the groceries, Doc went to the bathroom. When he returned I was just finishing the transaction. He bent down and retrieved a dime which I had been standing over! Mushroom coin? (Coin #10). Doc’s comment, “That’s what you get for looking for pennies - you missed the dime!”

Today’s Lesson: “Don’t be so narrow minded (or blinded)”.

At Stater Bros. we didn’t see any coins. While I paid the bill, Doc walked outside to get more steps on his pedometer. (He has been achieving 10,000 steps nearly every day. I am so proud of him. I haven’t had a fitness goal in a while, so I haven’t even been wearing my pedometer.) Doc found a dime on a bench in front of the store. (Coin #11).

Today’s Total: 11 coins P (8) + D (3) = $0.38

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Uh Oh, PennyFinding is starting to cut into your school work. Okay, young lady, come inside and do your homework!!! HA HA! Just Kidding!
Torn between playing and doing the HAVE TO's!!!
Always follow your heart- that will lead you to true happiness!
Love you!