Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Day #306 - Synchronized Finding

This morning as I was driving home from work at 2 AM, I passed Starbucks and McDonalds. I was already past them when there was the Nudging. “Both businesses are closed. You could save time by searching when there are no lines and the lanes probably won’t be cleaned until daylight. Maybe some coins.

I drove ¼ mile before I could flip a U-turn, then drove to each place, parked so the headlights would light the drive through lanes, and quickly searched the areas. There was a quarter propped up boldly against the Starbucks curb. (Coin #1) Nice, easy find! At McDonalds there were no coins spotted at the first or second window - until I turned around and walked back to the truck. A dime caught the reflection of my headlights. (Coin #2)

***************

While running to my first class there was a penny under one of the vending machines. (Coin #3) When running to my second class there was a dime at the vending machines. (Coin #4)

A little later in the afternoon I was walking with a co-worker past those same vending machines. She was checking the coin returns saying “It’ been a long time since I’ve found a penny”. I spotted a blob and kicked it. It was a dime. She had just walked over it - because she was focused on the penny in her path. It was funny. We both reached down in tandem to retrieve our Found Coins. It must have looked a bit like synchronized swimming, but it was Synchronized Finding! (Coins #5&6) Sharing Joy.

***************

Doc was happy because he found a few coins today as well. This morning he visited the Starbucks on campus and was dismayed at the huge line. He spotted a penny on the floor mat before he placed his order. When he bent to retrieve it, he spotted a second penny. Then as his coffee was delivered he found 3 pennies on the wood frame of the glass partition wall. A sixth penny on the floor mat of the order pick up station. (Coins #7-12)

Today’s Total: 12 coins P (8), N (0), D (3), Q (1) = $0.63

No comments: