Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Day #312 - Active vs. Passive

By 3:30 this afternoon I was needing a break from being in my office, so I went for a 15 minute walk. There were two pennies outside the campus Marketplace area plus two pennies in the C-store. (Coins #1-4)

A co-worker said he had spotted a dime at the Student Center, so I headed down there. Plus I wanted to get some dried seaweed. There was a penny at the Poly Store. There was one penny under the foot of a seated student so told him about Penny Tales as I was retrieving it. One more penny as I was leaving. (Coins #4-7). Those Finds were a result of my Active Searching for coins.

At 7:30 PM I needed another stretch break, so I went down to the student study room. Said hello to the kids and searched the room. One of the lads gave me a quizzical look. I smiled and said I was looking for today’s penny. He replied and pointed, “How about that one?” How could I have missed it? (Coin #8) We were having fun and I shared the Sunday story with them of the 6-coin stack and 42 coins.

On the drive home, the Low Fuel indicator started beeping so Doc and I detoured to the gas station. I walked the parking stalls and then into the convenience store while Doc pumped the fuel. I returned and told him, “Nothing here”. He held out his hand to show the penny from the curb where he was pumping. (Coin #9). (A Passive Find). Doc was not content with having found zero coins yesterday and only one today. So he headed for the bushes and the vacuum canister. He emerged with a smile and 2 pennies. (Coins #10&11)

Lesson: Sometimes we have to actively seek for answers we need. Other times we can be passive and just open to receiving them.

My mom called in this evening and asked what we’ve been doing in the past 3-4 weeks. I told her, “lots of hours at work, some progress on the new house, and Penny Finding”. She asked how long I planned to continue with this silliness. When was my deadline to quit? I told her, “I’m not sure it’s my choice”.

Today’s Total: 11 coins P (11) = $0.11

1 comment:

LP said...

Does finding a $1 dollar bill count for 100 days before or after? I found it yesterday on my way to class. Whew, I said to myself. I am covered for, 50/50, half before and half after.