Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Day #305 - Dinner with the Angels


This morning I told Penny Angels I would be too busy to actively search for pennies today.

Before I got to my office, I found a penny way deep under one of the vending machines in the breezeway. (Coin #1) Done for today?

Mid-morning I returned to my office to find a penny on the floor near my computer. Planted penny?

Did not think about pennies the rest of the day. Around 11:15 PM I was getting hungry for dinner. Headed to the vending machines for a granola bar. No coins. Whew! Stopped to say hello to the kids in the study room. No coins there. Peeked into another room and found a quarter deep under one of the computer stations! (Coin #2) Returned to the study room to Share the Find with them. They were studying for midterms and could use a smile. J Then when I exited that room I found a very shiny penny - where I had just walked at least three times! (Coin #3). Mushroom coin. Dinner with the Angels.

While leaving campus I was walking and talking out loud to the angels. (Mostly to keep myself awake). “Penny Angels, Show me some Shinies Tonight!”

***************

Today’s Total: 3 coins P (2) + Q (1) = $0.27 + one planted penny

As I was driving home, I passed Starbucks and McDonalds. I was already past them when there was the Nudging. “It is 2 AM and both businesses are closed. You could save time by searching tonight when there are no lines. Plus, any Found Coins would count for Wednesday!”. So I drove ¼ mile before I could flip a U-turn, then drove to each place, parked so the headlights would light the drive through lanes, and quickly searched the areas. There were the Shinies!

Ponderings: Is that “Nudgings”, Logical Thinking, or Penny Fever?

No comments: