Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day #383 - Your Score?

Day 3 of the new school term. Gosh, I don’t even remember how I found today’s coins.

I left work at 10:45 PM and walked all the way to the outskirts of the parking lot when I realized I had forgotten my lunch pail - and today’s coins that were inside it. Back up to the office ….

***************

I’m pulling out the coins and listening to the recorded message.

Around 2 PM I found 2 pennies at the vending machine. Thank You Penny Angels. My co-worker (the one who tries to out-Find me each day) was just a few seconds behind me and saw me pick up the coins. Penny Finding is a Sport! Tina (2), JR (0). But he kept on walking and returned to the office a little later with two pennies in his hand.

I had to drop off a memo at the Marketplace (and just search on my way through the building). There was a penny under the chair of a pleasant looking gal, so I asked her if she would be willing to hand me the penny under her chair. Shared the Penny Finding Story and captured a Penny Smile. There was a dime and then a penny under a vacant table. Much easier to retrieve, but not nearly as fun.

***************

From 3-6 PM I was teaching classes. One student asked me about the Penny Pendant I was wearing. Told the class that story would have to wait until further along in the course before they got “the Secret”. J

From 6-10, I was at an event which my student officers put on. I was so proud of them (sounds like a parent talking) and told them so in our debriefing and evaluation session.

I arrived home after 11 PM to find another one of Doc’s Love Letters on the Dining Table: Stater Bros - 2¢, KFC - 10¢, Starbucks - a guitar pick.

Do you get the feeling this man goes from one food place to another all day long?

At least he kept his note short and sweet tonight.

***************

Today’s Total: 8 coins P (6), N (0), D (2), Q (0) = $0.26

Thought: If Sharing Joy was a game, what would be your score today?

I generated at least 3-4 Penny Smiles, c’mon - I challenge you for tomorrow!

No comments: