Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, January 4, 2010

Day #381 - Back to Work

It sounds like almost all of you were back to work today. All except my husband! Doc is “retired” so he taught last quarter and will teach again next quarter. He got to stay home today.

What are YOU planning for 2010?

***************

Today was my first day teaching new classes, so my full focus and energy was toward that effort. To be honest, I wasn’t really making much of an effort to Penny Find.

Just before my first class I spotted a quarter under one vending machine and then a penny next to the foot of someone using another vending machine. Great! Thank You Angels.

The Finds, are OK, but I am realizing that the coin without the Penny Smile is just not as much fun!

So I took a 10-minute detour through the campus Marketplace. After the article on PennyFinders ran in the school paper last month, I’m wondering if more people are looking now. I was only able to find 2 pennies and a dime at the Marketplace. Of course, it was the first day of classes, so not many hours of potential lost coins.

***************

I came home around 8 PM totally exhausted but warmed by Doc’s “Love Letter” on the dining table.

“Sparky and I went for coffee, then cash from the bank, then a few groceries. Found 2 pennies in the aisle upon entering the store, then a nickel by the copy machine when leaving.”

Sure hope that is not ALL he managed to do in the past 13 hours while I was gone. Doc was watching football when I got home and I have not yet spoken to him (wouldn’t dare!).

Today’s Total: 8 coins P (5), N (1), D (1), Q (1) = $0.45

A Hit for the Cycle. That’s a good start for this new school term.

Lesson: Coins without the Penny Smiles or Shared Joy attached are just not as valuable or rewarding. Money is a tool to be used and shared.

No comments: