Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day #405 - Quota Met

This afternoon I was headed to the campus Marketplace to look for today’s coin. Within 60 seconds after leaving my office as I was passing by the vending machines, I spotted a potential suspect. It was round, silver, and barely noticeable. I found it to be a quarter! Score! I said to the Angels, “Wow! A big one! But is a single coin sufficient? Do I still need to go to the marketplace or should I go back to my desk? I turned to go back to work and spotted something by the partition wall - another quarter! I reached back to get it and there was a third quarter there!” Wow. OK. NOW back to work.

When I returned to my office, I showed the three coins to JR my co-worker. He replied, “Yes, but you still need a PENNY for Penny Tales”. Grrrrrr.

As I was leaving work and walking across the parking lot, I was contemplating JR's comment. I asked the Penny Angels, “Do I really need a Penny today? Does that mean I still need to stop somewhere on my way home to do more searching? Do you mean Penny Finding literally each day or figuratively?”

I was just a few parking stalls from my truck when I looked to my right between two parked cars - and there was a penny! I came to a dead stop and just laughed at the Penny Angels, “That was very funny of you. Guess that means you wanted a PENNY today”. Quota met!

***************

Found another Love Note from Doc tonight. Today he spent lots of time (and $) in getting the van serviced. Steering wheel pumps should last more than 2 years each time! This is annoying!

Love note:

l One foregone penny at a signal for the onramp to the 5 Freeway. Quick signal. Could not get out of car.

l 1¢ at counter of In-N-Out hamburgers when getting lunch

l 1¢ inside the Chevron mini-mart near school while getting a coffee

l Nickel in front of mini-mart. Coin looked transparent so I didn’t think it was a coin. However, curiosity forced me to take a closer look and I was pleasantly rewarded.

***************

This evening I planned to quickly review the house floorplan we got Tuesday morning. Thought maybe I could get the revisions back to the architect tomorrow morning so she could incorporate them before our meeting next Tuesday. After two hours, I gave up. One little change here and there led to an avalanche of things. Will need to revisit these plans on the weekend. Need to be at work tomorrow at 7 AM.

***************

Lesson: Don’t take things too seriously, just keep a playful attitude.

Total: 7 Coins P (3), N (1), D (0), Q (3) = 83¢

No comments: