Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, January 11, 2010

Day #388 - Score Four

Today I feel like every ounce of energy and creativity was given at school. It’s great to have students who are engaged and responsive. It does, however, take energy to respond to their various concerns, emails, HW questions, personal circumstances, etc.

Thankfully there was a penny at the vending machines this morning when I first arrived on campus. Then a little later in the day, I spotted a penny through the glass windows of the student study room. It was just teasing me! I went into the room, wound my way through about 20 students, picked up the penny, exclaimed “Day #388” and left.

At 6:30 this evening after my classes, Doc stopped by to give me a kiss before leaving campus. He found a penny in the elevator as he approached my office.

When I finally arrived home, there was a love note on the dining table. “Found 1¢ at Carl’s Jr.”

So it looks like we each got our 2¢ worth today.

Today’s Total: 4 pennies

1 comment:

Janice said...

Thanks for all the stories, Tina. I love to read them. Because I am a stay-at-home mom and we live in a rural area, I don't get to a place where I can look for pennies very often. But I like to use your ideas to spread some joy and kindness when I can. Happy penny finding!