Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, April 17, 2010

Day #383 - Old and New

This morning Doc and Sparky went for a morning coffee and penny hunt. They detoured to the high school and cruised the parking lot. They spotted a penny on one white line, then a second penny nearby. They walked a little and found a nickel and a penny (Coins #1-4). At Starbucks there was a 1953 wheat penny in front of the van when they parked. There was another penny as they emerged from Starbucks. (Coins #5&6)

Back in December our bank manager had ordered some new, shiny pennies for us to glue on the Penny Cards. Those pennies finally arrived and today I went to fetch them. I stopped at the 99¢ store on the way home merely to collect a penny. (Coin #7).

Later this afternoon I ran to the nearby copy center to make copies of house blueprints. There was a penny on the floor behind the cash register so I offered to trade a Penny Card for the coin. The owner agreed and the exchange was made. (Coin #8)

Lesson: Old and Worn or New and Shiny. Still worth 1¢

Total: 8 Coins P (7), N (1), D (0), Q (0) = $0.12

No comments: