Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day #468 - Taking Action

Every day is a new adventure with the Penny Angels.

On the way to school Doc made the usual Starbucks run. At least with the new additional store close to campus, we have 3-4 alternatives for some variance in our routine. (That’s what you call real excitement for two engineers!) Doc got his coffee - I got two dimes. We did say yesterday that the Penny Angels needed to up our Finds. So instead of God’s 2¢ worth today, we got 2 dimes worth! (Coins #1&2)

***************

Once on campus I needed some test forms and headed to the bookstore … There was a penny, then a dime under the vending machines as I left my building. I was off to a good start! The next penny was at the marketplace patio dining area. At the Student Center I was hoping to get some dried seaweed (it has been out of stock for a while). No treats, but one penny. There was also a penny outside at the dining tables. Once I arrived at the bookstore I realized I had been foolish to go there today. The first week of classes meant really long lines at the register. But that also meant lots of traffic and one penny for me to collect! (Coins #3-8).

***************

Today was Lecture #2 for the term. What fun! Engineers need to dream BIG - or how else would we have Disneyland or travel to other planets or have cell phones or food on our tables or computers or …?We explored Dreams, Goals, and Taking Appropriate Actions to realize your goals.

Doc and I finally left campus around 7:30 p.m. McDonalds for dinner. (It is right next door to the Starbucks from this morning). I found two pennies - one is a new 2010 Shield penny! Then as Doc was pulling away from the first window, he also spotted a penny. (Coins #9-11).

Tonight I am anxious to finish writing this Penny Tale so that I can prepare drawings for our meeting with a contractor first thing in the morning. So if you’ll excuse me now, I’m off to Take Action!

Total: 11 Coins P (8), N (0), D (3), Q (0) = $0.38

Thought: What is one goal you have for the month of April? Today is Day #1 of the month. What ONE action did you take toward that goal today? What will you do on Day #2?

P.S. Speaking of taking actions … Today it was formally announced at the engineering Department Chair’s meeting that I will be taking a one-year leave of absence. It will also be announced next week at the all-College meeting. I am Taking Action - and leaping out on faith!

Here goes …!

No comments: