Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, April 5, 2010

Day #472 - Tied Score

Just an ordinary day of work and Penny Finding.

Our first task this morning was to go to City Hall to renew the home business license for PennyFinders. It took about 60 seconds (since we have zero income) to submit. On the way back to the car I started saying, “Penny Angels, what are we going to find today?” At that moment a guy in a wheelchair came down the sidewalk so I stepped into the street to allow him more room. I spotted a shiny. Thought it was a quarter - it was a slug.

***************

At school I had to run across campus for an errand. I left my office, walked down the staircase, and found a quarter just outside the building! Good. That takes care of today, and it can be a short Penny Tale. (Coin #1)

I glanced toward the Marketplace as I was passing it and needed all my willpower to resist the urge to go inside. Penny Fever is strong!

After running my errand, I gave in to Penny Fever. I passed through the Student Center and found one penny at the smoothie station and two more in the eating area of the Round Table Pizza. (Coins #2-4).

***************

Doc and I left campus around 8:30 p.m. He did not have any coins for today, so he suggested stopping at the CVS pharmacy. I told him he would find a coin there. We walked in and there were three pennies immediately in our line of sight! (Coins #5-7). The cashier smiled and wondered what we were doing. We shared the PennyFinding Story and gave her a Penny Card.

Doc and I now each had 3 pennies for today. I teased Doc, “Yeah, but I have a quarter too!” As I was paying for my items, Doc reached for a quarter where we had initially found the pennies when we walked in! (Coin #8) The score was tied: Doc 1Q + 3P Tina 1Q + 3P

Then Doc spotted another quarter-sized coin. It was a token of some sort. Now he was ahead. But then he remembered the slug from this morning and the score was tied once again.

Doc wanted food so he pulled through the Taco Bell. He got dinner, I picked up coins. There were 2 dimes, 7 pennies, and one quarter! (Coins #9-18) Wow! We were debating who gets to claim the coins. It was Doc who drove to Taco Bell, but Tina who hopped out and collected them. Shared coins? Tied score?

Total: 18 Coins P (13), N (0), D (2), Q (3) = $1.08

Reminder: Take just a few moments out of a hectic day to play with the Angels.

No comments: