Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day #473 - Raydiating

How many times each day do you think to yourself: “Isn’t life wonderful? I’m just glowing with excitement / enthusiasm / anticipation ….” This morning I told Doc, “We are leaving right after work at 7 p.m. so we can go home and get chores done.” Then I had class this afternoon and got inspired for the next few hours. Didn’t want to quit. I could have easily stayed “at work” for a few more hours because I was loving it! Time is not a factor when you are Raydiating and “In the Flow”.

***************

This morning we had our weekly one hour session with the architect. I showed her my design for the grand room window. Envision a half-circle sunburst configuration with a copper (penny) circle in the middle. (You all would understand the symbolism). Raydiating

The theme of “Hart ‘N Sol” is what I want to carry throughout this house. Why? Lots of reasons. Here are a few:

a) Because people say I put all my Heart into my projects and events

b) Because Doc and I enjoy the TV show Hart to Hart and always hoped for that kind of relationship along with the ability to do charity work and establish our own schedule etc.

c) This house is a result of Love and Heart (but financially foolish)

d) Sol represents the solar (raycing) element of our lives

e) Sol represents light / SONshine / energy / infinite power / etc. Raydiating energy

Enough of this “New House” talk. But isn’t that why this whole Penny Finding began?

*****************

After our meeting with the architect, Doc searched Starbucks for coins (yeah, sure). We didn’t find any there, so we quickly stopped at the Circle K. Neither one of us spotted any coins either in the parking lot or in the store. So I said, “Penny Angels I expect a pretty busy day at work. I would be most grateful if you would just deliver today’s coin right now so I would not need to think about it any more.” A nickel appeared under a wire rack near the door as we were leaving! (Coin #1).

Doc said he needed his coin for today. Perhaps it was better early on when he saw this Penny Finding as my silly little project and was not involved. Now that he has Penny Fever, he is relentless! We stopped to fuel the van. Doc emerged from the bushes near the air hose area with four pennies and one slug in his hand. (Coins #2-5)

*****************

At school I attended a noon meeting for the election of new student officers. Special election since no qualified persons ran the first time. I was apprehensive. It would take too much to explain it here, so let’s just say that miracles really do happen every day and all around us. I walked out of there just amazed! And, of course, found a penny on the way back to my office (Coin #6). It was at the feet of two students so I boldly reached for it while telling the PennyFinding story. They smiled. Joy shared.

*****************

In class this afternoon I put on my old solar car raycing shirt, brought out a model of the race car and told the students about Cal Poly Pomona’s history in that sport. We spoke of engineering design processes and how DREAMS BECOME REALITY.

*****************

On the way home from work we drove through Bravo Burger for dinner. We knew about the two embedded pennies there, but I found a third loose penny which I claimed. (Coin #7). The cashier wondered what I was doing, so I gave her a Penny Card. Joy shared.

Total: 7 Coins P (6), N (1), D (0), Q (0) = $0.11

Question: What is one of your dreams? Have you made it a goal yet? Are you taking any action on it? It doesn’t need to be huge. Maybe it’s just signing up for a half-day workshop in something that interests you.

I can hear you saying: “I don’t have time to work on silly dreams. I have a job, kids, a house, obligations ….” That sounds like “logical engineering talk”. (I should know). But I’m finding that giving my “Spirit” a few minutes each day (or at least each week) really does help keep that inside spark alive. That is the inspiration which can drive you and keep you Raydiating.

No comments: