Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day #501 - Dare Me!

This morning Doc and I had our weekly session with the architect. It was only 30 minutes because all I had for her was one page of minor corrections - like typos on the blueprints. We submitted the plans last Tuesday night to the Homeowner’s Association and are really just waiting for their feedback before we can proceed.

We stopped for gasoline on the way to the architect. Doc pumped the fuel while I went inside the convenience store to look for coins. None to be found. As I walked out of the store, there was a penny in my path. No one else had gone in or out during those few seconds. (Coin #1) Mushroom coin.

We mailed some bills at a mailbox, then stopped at Circle K to penny hunt. Cashier Margita had found a penny and saved it for us. (Indirect Find)

Doc stopped at the Starbucks inside the grocery store. I was headed down the exit side of the check out lanes, but was ‘nudged’ to look from the entrance side instead. Found a dime (Coin #2).

After the meeting with the architect, Doc stopped at Starbucks. This one always has a super-long drive through line. Doc parked the van while I looked around the back of the building. There were zero cars there! I swooped in quickly for two dimes (Coins #3&4).

At school I was running to a noon meeting. A penny caught my eye and I grabbed it without stopping. (Coin #5) After the meeting I was returning to my office. Co-worker JR was at the vending machines and saying, “I’m here before you and I’ve already looked.” I walked right past him and picked up a penny! (Coin #6).

Thought: When someone tells you things are not possible, dare to prove them wrong!

This evening as I exited the building something caught my eye. It was merely litter, but close by was a dime which I had not noticed initially! (Coin #7).

As we were leaving campus Doc gave me his 2¢ worth. He had found one penny in the aisleway of the engineering lab building, then another penny by the elevator.

Total: 9 Coins P (5), N (0), D (4), Q (0) = $0.45

No comments: