Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day #505 - Computerless

We spent the night at the cabin. I woke up and wanted to get straight to work on the bin of things I had brought along. Doc insisted upon going out to Starbucks and then to breakfast. He stopped at the local gas station to look for coins. He spotted a shiny new Lincoln log cutting penny before he even got out of the van. Then a second penny as he was picking up the first one. I wanted to get back to the cabin ASAP so I asked the Penny Angels to get the searching over with. I found a very dirty nickel and then a penny in a deep crack in the asphalt.

I went into the store to search for coins; none found. I was witness as a lady came in and cussed out the cashier. Turns out she did not like the driving directions (to the Christian conference center) which the cashier had given her. Can’t believe she went out of her way to return to the store and unleash that tirade! I gave the cashier a smile and a Penny Card. Told her we had just found 4 coins in the parking lot - Thank You for helping with Penny Tale Day #505.

Doc got breakfast, then we spent the day playing various CDs while grading papers.

I did block a few hours to review the new house electrical plans and write up a Door List.

After dinner I graded homework from my students. The assignment was to perform an ARK (Act of Random Kindness). Some terrific stories and lessons learned.

Also read the book “A Better Way to Live” by Og Mandino. Easy to read; took less than two hours. Good stuff!

Total: 4 Coins P (3), N (1), D (0), Q (0) = $0.08

No comments: