Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, May 10, 2010

Day #507 - I'm Back

This past week the Penny Angels have continued sending coins and I have been taking notes about the various finds. I just hadn’t been sending forth any Penny Tales. The Penny Angels know I dread writing! Plus, I felt ‘bored’ with the daily finds. Typed emails are so bland when compared to Facebook and UTube and video inserts, etc. However, a few Penny Pals have been asking about the daily Tales …. OK. I give in. Back to writing them …

***************

Doc left early for school today. I pulled the covers up, hit the snooze at least four times and slept in until 7:30. I want a vacation!

This afternoon a co-worker mention Penny Finding. It was 3 pm and I had been too busy to think about it. So I went for a short walk. There was a penny as I exited the building. Then a second penny on a bench seat at a patio table. A student was studying there, so I asked if the penny was his because I would like to have it. Traded it for a Penny Card. Then I went into the Marketplace (think cafeteria). There was a penny at the feet of a gal in the Carl’s Jr. line. I was too impatient to wait until the line moved, so I just walked up and pointed. “There’s a penny at your feet and I’d like to claim it for Day #507 Penny Tale.” Gave the gal a Penny Card, grabbed the penny, then another one nearby, then was leaving but noticed a penny behind the gal. That was fun! After 10- minutes I was back at my desk with five pennies and some shared smiles.

***************

Around 6 pm I was fetching some things out of a cabinet (envision head down and backside up). The Dean of Engineering walked by and enquired as to what I was doing. “Just fetching some supplies. Plus I was ‘nudged’ to look behind this cabinet and there was a penny there! Look!” (Coin #6) This is the man who had to sign for my upcoming Leave of Absence. That encounter probably confirmed it -- I need time off!

I am a creature of habit and travel to my truck the same way almost every day. Tonight I was “nudged” to go down through a different hallway to leave the building. Then nudged to pass through one room. Before entering I said, “Penny Angels, let’s see some silver tonight”. I emerged with two pennies and two dimes! (Coins #7-10) I had to wind around some furniture and get down on hands and knees, but hey, Advanced Penny Hunting is not necessarily a clean sport.

***************

On the way home I stopped at the Chevron gas station to buy a demo item for my class tomorrow. A guy in a cowboy hat (pretty rare in Southern California) bent to pick up something. I made my purchase (no coins found) and then walked the gas pump area to look for coins. I spotted Mr. Hat and asked him if that had been a penny he picked up? “Yes, my Lucky Penny for the Day”. I gave him a Penny Card and told him it was Day #507 of Penny Finding. He replied, “There are two more left over there.” No Way! I looked there when I emerged from the store. I returned to the spot where I had seen him retrieve the coin. Sure enough, there were two pennies there! Why wouldn’t he take those as well? (Coins #11-12)

***************

I arrived home at 9 PM to find email questions from the architect. Need some answers for our morning meeting.

Doc arrived home around 10:30 PM He had found a dime at Starbucks before school this morning, then a penny in his lab classroom this afternoon! (Coins #13&14)

Total: 14 Coins P (11), N (0), D (3), Q (0) = $0.41

No comments: