Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day #411 - STOP

Do some of your days or weeks ever seem really long? This is one of those weeks.

Today at 2 pm I had this feeling that it could be a long day at school. So I shut my office door and made a quick run to the Marketplace to look for coins. I was across campus and back within 9 minutes - with 2¢ in my hand. One penny was from the Carl’s Jr. area and the other penny was under a table where 5 students were eating. Yes, I shared the Penny Finding story with them in the few seconds it took to bend over and grab the coin. (Coins #1&2)

I met with my student officers until after 10 pm this evening. Realized “Pippy” my copper-colored pick up truck needed fuel, so stopped on the way home to fill her. I was getting into the truck and Penny Fever hit. I locked the car and went inside to the mini-store. I was the only one at the gas station and the young cashier actually stopped his texting to say hello! Wow! I told him I wasn’t there to buy anything - just to get a penny for today’s Penny Tale. Gave him a Penny Card. He smiled Big time. That was nice. Then, since he knew what I was doing and seemed to be having fun, I just boldy bent down and looked under the counter - to find a penny. (Coin #3) Thank You Penny Angels. Validation. Verbalizing. Belief, etc.

***************

Got home to find various messages on the answer machine, tax documents in the mail, numerous emails needing a response tonight, the dogs begging for attention and some other “stuffs”. Reminder to self: These are BLESSINGS!! (in disguise?)

***************

When I came home I noticed a Love Note from Doc with some coins. I’m now going to the other room to fetch it ….

Good! It’s only a 3”x3” post it (versus 8.5x11 like some days).

l 1 penny at the bank on the floor by the front window

l 1 penny before getting into the elevator at school

l 1 penny in front of the order window at the Mexican fast food after putting in my order.

The score is tied! 3 to 3

Total: 6 Pennies

Thought: We get way too busy. STOP and take 60 seconds tomorrow for ONE Act of Random Kindness (ARK). Something totally silly, whimsical or unexpected which makes you and one other person Smile!

No comments: