Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day #414 - Raining Coins

This morning Doc needed to get his coffee so we headed to Starbucks. There were torrential rains throughout most of the night and it was drizzling this morning. Neither the dogs nor I wanted to go outside. Doc insisted that I go with him and go Penny Finding. I wanted to stay in bed!

We went Penny Finding in the rain. Doc said we could cruise the high school parking lot. We cruised and I even hopped out to search the sheltered drop off area. No coins. The rain ceased, so I hopped out and walked the lot. Did not find any coins. Doc honked the horn. He had found his Sit-N-Find penny . (Coin #1). I said, “Penny Angels, could we jut get this chore over with this morning?”

I searched slowly and carefully along the Skateboard park entrance area. I just knew there should be coins there. Nothing. I was signaling to Doc that it was time to go. I was ready to leave …

I walked to meet the van and spotted a penny. I thought it was the embedded one which I knew was in that area. It wasn’t embedded. (Coin #2). Then there was a dime! Then a penny. Then a penny. Then 3 pennies where I had just searched carefully! Then Doc saw a Sit-N-Find penny. Then there were two more pennies. I would turn around and another one would pop up! Then I hopped in the van and Doc spotted another penny! We lost count and just kept collecting them! One penny was a 1944 Wheat penny. Coin mine!

Spent most of the rest of the day grading homework papers.

Total: 18 Coins P (16), N (0), D (2), Q (0) = $0.36

Lesson: Don’t quit too soon.

No comments: