Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, February 22, 2010

Day #430 - Dancing with the Angels

One of the Olympic ice skating commentators said, “The objective with each performance is to give it your all. Be prepared, go out to win, know that you gave it your best, and then have no regrets.” That’s a pretty good way to look at every day.

Today my attitude was “just get the job (Penny Finding) done”. I had 10-12 minutes before needing to get to class, so I ran over to the Marketplace. Singsong as I walked in the door. “Penny Angels, Penny Angels, what d’ ya say? Can we get the job done quickly today?” Within 60 seconds I found a coin at the Taco Bell area. It was essentially between the feet of a lady awaiting her order. I did not feel like “sharing and giving” today, so I merely said, “Excuse me. You are standing over a penny which I would like to retrieve in order to write about it in today’s Penny Tale”. I handed her a Penny Card, got a nod of approval, grabbed the penny, picked up two more nearby, smiled and was outta there! (Coins #1-3).

I quickly walked through the rest of the Marketplace and found Coin #4 at the Carl’s Jr. line. I rarely find coins at Panda Express because the floors there are white tile and coins would be so obvious. I almost did not search there. I noticed a spot. Could it be? Right smack dab in the middle of the room with people walking over it? Yes! And then another one a little further. Wow! (Coins #5&6).

I lectured in my first class and “gave it my all”. I was pretty worn out. I set up things by the entry door to greet my second class. I then returned to the front of the class to get my notes in order for the next lecture. There was a penny under the table. Mushroom penny or planted penny? I’m not sure. But I held it up, showed the class and said, “OK. Now we can get started”. (Coin #7) Good number.

***************

I arrived home around 9 pm just hungry for dinner and hoping that Doc hadn’t found any coins. (Not wanting to write much tonight). I still had my purse and briefcase in hand as I notice a lengthy Love Note on the dining table and Doc saying from the other room “Hi, let’s work on tax stuff tonight”. Not what I wanted to hear. He’s watching the Olympics right now. Let’s see what his note says:

Sparky & I went for coffee and then to CVS to check my blood pressure and log some steps on the pedometer. Found 1¢ at the coin counter, 1¢ under a chair by the BP machine, and 1¢ in an aisle.

Next we discovered a new foot massage place. Grand Opening. $20/hour. Must get back there and try it out.

At the 99¢ Store I had seen a shiny under the carousel the last time I was there. Got down to see underneath - 2 pennies and one dime. I walked the store for more steps and thought I needed one more coin to make it 7. I found a penny in one of the aisles. Note: Doc is really learning this manifesting stuff too!


I guess Doc finally did make it to school this afternoon for a meeting.

His note says, “Stopped at the grocery store on the way home from CPP. Got muffins and 4 pennies”.

***************

Lesson: Give it your all every day, so that each night you have no regrets.

Total: 18 Coins P (17), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.27

No comments: