Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, February 5, 2010

Day #413 - Vacation Day?

Today I took a day away from work. Last weekend I worked both days and I plan to be grading papers the rest of this weekend, so I needed a break.

This morning Doc needed to get his coffee and I needed to get my eyeglasses repaired. The young lad at the optometry office quickly made the needed adjustments. I asked if anything was owed for the repair. He said, “No”, but the nearby Office Manager said, “Sure! A Million Bucks!” Last night I noticed the $1,000,000 bill in my wallet (a College of Engineering promo item). I thought it had been a while since I gave one of those out. Here was the perfect opportunity. I paid with the $1 Million bill and everyone had a great laugh. Lots of Smiles. Told them of Penny Finding and the Laws of Manifesting.

Several months ago we had found coins in the parking lot where cars from a rental agency are cleaned out. We swung through that lot and I found two pennies there. (Coins #1&2). That took care of penny finding for the day.

***************

Next I headed to Long Beach. My friend who got married last June and moved to Texas was back in town. I spent a few hours with her and my new “niece”, Arwen.

It was a long drive in the rain to get down there. We enjoyed a few hours together. I expected the drive home to be lengthy, so I made a quick stop at the 7-11store for a banana to munch on. I also wanted to see if I could find any coins in a new place. Found 1¢ as I hopped out of the truck. A second penny as I walked around the truck. When I was paying for the banana, there was a penny under the counter and a nickel when I bent over to retrieve the penny. Then as I walked out of the store there was another penny before I got back to the truck. (Coins #3-7)

***************

When I arrived home Doc wanted to go grocery shopping. (I hate that chore). I had driven 3.5 hours in rainy, Friday afternoon stop-and-go-traffic. I just wanted to sleep!

We headed out. The first stop was the copy store to print out a 24x36 plot of the topo map of the new property. Doc found one penny outside by the payphone. (Coin #8)

At the grocery store I spotted a dime as we walked in. Then there was a penny in a check out lane. (Coins #9&10) We put the groceries in the car and Doc said, “What? Aren’t you going to check the coin laundry?” I did not want to, but I ran inside that store. It was deserted and the floors looked swept. But there was a dime as I was leaving. (Coin #11).

***************

There was a Love Note from Doc on the Dining Table:

Stopped at the CVS to check my blood pressure. Spotted a penny at the ATM machine as I was walking through the front door. Spotted a very shiny penny in front of the candy racks. (Coins #12&13)

Thought: Vacation days can be tiring.

Total: 13 Coins P (10), N (1), D (2), Q (0) = $0.35

No comments: