Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day #424 - Campus Games

This week it is National Engineers Week - a chance to make people aware that every item you use is somehow linked to an engineer. For instance: the alarm clock which wakes you up, the clean water for your shower, the food on your table, your cell phone, cars, roadways, etc. etc.

***************

On campus there are numerous activities and competitions this week. One advantage to arriving early for set up is a close parking space! By noon things seemed to be running smoothly. I paused in the shade to survey the festivities and noticed a penny at the trash can next to me. (Coins #1) Thanks Penny Angels.

At 7 pm I was grading papers and hungry. Hit the vending machines for a granola bar and coins. No coins, merely calories.

At 8 pm I was walking to my truck. An electrical engineering professor joined me for part of the way. We were walking through a fairly dark area and “talking shop” when suddenly I interrupted him saying, “Excuse me, I think I see a penny over there”. Sure enough! (Coin #2). He was my witness which gave me the opportunity to give him a Penny Card and Share the PennyFinders Story.

***************

I arrived home to find Doc’s Love Note on the dining table:

l Had breakfast downtown

l Went for steps. Walked the aisles at Big Lots until I spotted a penny at the end of an aisle

l Went to Starbucks for coffee. Dime in the driveway.

l This evening I met a grad student at Starbucks. Quick stop at the grocery store afterwards to get some muffins and two dimes.

Sounds like Doc performed well today in the “Discount Store Slalom” and

“Coffee Downing” events.

Total: 6 Coins P (3), N (0), D (3), Q (0) = $0.33

Today’s Thought: Hug an engineer - they make your world.

No comments: