Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, February 26, 2010

Day #434 - Sprinting

Today was a furlough day at school. Which is another way of saying “work from home”.

I wanted to just stay home all day and make progress on the pile of papers to be graded. Doc insisted upon running out for coffee and pennies. Yesterday he thought he might have spied a penny at the In-N-Out Burgers, so he dragged me there to investigate. Nope - gum blob. I walked around the picnic tables and spied the two pennies embedded in the tar. I had seen those before and knew they were embedded. Wrong assumption. (See yesterday’s blog). One of the pennies was very run over, but loose! (Coin #1). The other two were still embedded.

While Doc went next door to the bank teller machine to get cash, I quickly walked through the grocery store check out area - collecting one penny. (Coin #2)

Doc’s next stop was Starbucks where he collected HIS penny (Coin #3).

After that, we visited the optometrist office. My eyeglasses had been hurting me since their encounter with the baseball last week. The technician took a look at the glasses and asked “What the heck happened to these?”

We were approaching a red light, so Doc took his time and searched the street median. He put the van into park, unbuckled, grabbed two pennies and was back in the van before I could even grab a camera. That man is quick - when motivated! Maybe he could qualify for Olympic Penny Short Track Sprinting! (Coins #4&5)

I spent the rest of the day and evening grading papers - except for an hour just now. Drew some sketches for the front of the new house. Constant Positive Progress (CPP).

Total: 5 Pennies

No comments: