Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day #419 - Reassurances

This morning Doc and I had our 6-month teeth cleaning appointment. Then, since we were passing WalMart, we stopped to get Valentine’s cards and coins. Doc parked the van and hopped out. He walked forward to the dirt planter instead of toward the store. Nudging I guess. He found a penny in the dirt. (Coin #1). Once we were inside WalMart, Doc veered right (to McDonalds for food and coffee). I veered left to browse for the Valentines cards for my students. We met up and Doc said, “Now what?” I replied, “Coin finding - like this one!” There was a penny spotted as we were talking. I moved to retrieve the penny and spotted a nickel, then a penny next to it! (Coins #2-4)
***************
I went to work and Doc went ???
As I walked through the parking lot at school I was thinking how much better my students seemed to have done on their second test. There was a shiny silver something smiling at me. Another nickel! (Coin #5).
Doc finally did come to school this afternoon so we could submit some paperwork. (Two of the faculty in his department are in need of donated medical leave hours). He brought Subway sandwiches for lunch (along with his Starbucks coffee). When he left my office, he passed by the vending machines and spotted a penny. Then a second one as he retrieved the first one. (Coins #6-7)
***************
I was not wanting to grade the student exams, so I set a challenge for myself and told Doc if I finished 2/3 of the papers by 7 pm we could go out for dinner. We stopped for Mexican food on the way home. I looked throughout the entire dining room when we entered, before we ordered the food, while we were waiting for the food, while we were eating, then as we were leaving. (It’s a small place). No coins.
As we were leaving the restaurant, Doc asked if I was going to search for coins next door at the convenience store. I replied, “No. I don’t want to write any more tonight.” He said, “Too bad. There is a Penny next to you!” Mushroom coin. (Coin #8)
Now I couldn’t resist searching next door. There was a penny on the floor mat when I walked through the door. Doc meanwhile found his penny outside in the dirt planter. Then we both spotted a penny near the payphone outside as we were heading to the car. (Coins #9-11). Such a romantic stroll …
Total: 11 Coins P (9), N (2), D (0), Q (0) = $0.19
I was thinking “nothing stands out for today”. There is nothing to write about. Then I remembered that a few people asked “Any pennies today?” Maybe we don’t need to do earth-shattering stuff. Maybe just a “Yes, the Penny Angles are still there” is enough to reassure someone.
Now, if the Penny Angels will excuse me for the night, I’m going to go review the latest floorplan for the new house …

No comments: