Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day #534 - Simplicity

Just when I think this Penny Finding stuff is a silly waste of time, someone comes along and tells me how the Tales have inspired them and they are grateful for the daily reminders. That happened today from two strong sources. Makes me wonder where all this is leading ….

This morning (last night) I was awake until 5 AM with anticipation. Like a kid anxious for Christmas. So many things I want to do in this one year Leave of Absence. Can’t wait to get started. Everything from replacing the horrible caulking and mildew on the kitchen sink, to visiting solar car kids, to building the Penny Palace. First need to make it through Final Exam Week at school.

***************

This morning I felt like I needed a good talking with the Angels, so I asked Doc to drop me off at a high school parking lot while he went for his coffee. We first stopped for petrol. While Doc pumped gas, I searched for coins in the car wash area. Found one penny at the vacuum pumps and one in the hose off bay (Coins #1&2).

I asked Doc to give me 20 minutes of walking time. After 15 minutes I was getting impatient with the Angels. “I know I said I wanted to talk this morning, but I was also counting on at least ONE coin!” “What is taking you so long?” Within a minute I found a penny. (Coin #3).

Doc found a Sit-N-Find dime at the Starbucks drive through. He said he merely opened the van door and reached down to retrieve it. Didn’t even get off his B….ackside! (Coin #4)

***************

This afternoon Doc and I graded papers and prepared Final Exams. This evening we attended a workshop. Once again I shared the Penny Finders story and was told to write a book about it and find a way to take the message to a larger audience.

We next carried out our usual Sunday night grocery shopping. One nickel at the check-out line at Trader Joe’s. One penny in the parking lot before entering Stater Bros, two pennies at the check-out lane. Doc made a stop at 7-11 to get a coffee - and one penny. (Coins #5-9)

Total: 9 Coins P (7), N (1), D (1), Q (0) = $0.22

I was told this evening that “The Simplicity of the Complexity” of Penny Finders is what makes it powerful.

No comments: