Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day #538 - Be Bold!

Today was a reminder that each person has a tremendous amount of potential.

At work I spent the day in getting things ready for Commencement this weekend. For 2-3 seconds each graduate is the “Star of the Stage” and his family is there to watch him/her shine!

Doc has the honor of being the Mace Bearer, so he will lead the entire parade on Sunday. What a moment that will be. From two parents who only made it to the 8th grade, to their son who has umpteen degrees and the Honor of leading the Ceremony. How proud they will be to look down on him from the other side.

***************

I was in the midst of setting up tables and things when a co-worker said, “Tina - go see your husband in action!” So I ran to capture the moment.

In returning to my office I managed to collect 2 pennies. God’s 2¢ worth to celebrate the moment. (Coins #1&2)

***************

On the way home from work, I stopped to get a battery installed in my pedometer. I have not worn it for almost a year (since I made my goal last June). The jeweler only charges $3 for batteries and includes installation. That is so much easier and cheaper than going to WalMart. The jeweler said he’d have it ready in a few minutes. I told him I would step outside and return when I had found a penny. Not that I needed another one today, I just felt “nudged” to boldly make that statement so customers and others could hear and witness that Penny Tale. It took about 12 minutes of walking in the parking lot, but I returned triumphant (coin #3) - and passed out Penny Cards to other customers along with the Penny Finders story.

Doc found his coin for today (a dime) at Starbucks on his way to work.

***************

P.S. As I was writing this Tale, there was an incoming note from a neighbor at our new property: “The City has been out three times on your property looking at things ---- so it looks like they are doing something" Doc has not read the neighbor’s comment yet, so YOU are finding out house data before Doc does!

Be Bold!

Total: 4 Coins P (3), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.13

No comments: