Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, June 21, 2010

Day #549 - Tree Talk

There were no coins at Starbucks on the way to school this morning, so Doc drove across the street to the Chevron gas station. He found two pennies in a planter. He was telling me about those when we spotted a penny in another planter. Then an additional three pennies there! (Coins #1-6).

We were stopped at the red light to get onto the freeway when I looked out the window of the van. Sure enough! There was a very run-over penny deeply entrenched in an asphalt crack. I longed to capture it and wondered if tools might be needed. There was no time for tools with other cars approaching. I had to jump quickly. The penny was rescued and became Coin #7 for the day.

***************

At school I needed to deliver something across campus. The Marketplace is now closed for the summer, so no more hunting inside there. I stopped to admire this huge, old tree with its roots growing above the ground looking like a tangled plate of thick spaghetti noodles. I “centsed” there was a penny somewhere in the roots, yet did not see anything. Conversation: “Penny Angels I KNOW there is a penny here, I can feel it”. And the penny was shown to me.

I stepped back to say “thank you” to the tree for that moment. As I stepped back, I noticed a nickel behind me!

***************

Thought: Most people talk to animals. How many people talk to plants? Why not?

Total: 9 Coins P (8), N (1), D (0), Q (0) = $0.13

No comments: