Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day #552 - On Leave

This morning on the way to work, I was “nudged” to stop at the 99¢ Store to look for a coin. I of course argued back as usual. “Look Mr. Nudging, I do not feel like parking the truck and just loitering inside the store, looking for pennies!” I was reminded of the conversation I had yesterday with a co-worker who said she needed some items from that Chain store. She bought some party supplies for an upcoming function, but didn’t have enough and needed to go to another store to get more. So I parked the truck. As I walked in the front door, there was a dime in my path. (Coin #1)

Lesson: There are rewards for doing nice things for others.

***************

This afternoon I attended a workshop. I was walking to my office and contemplating the concepts presented. I was not even thinking of coins, yet there was a penny in my path. I stopped to retrieve it and there was another, super-shiny penny. (Coins #2&3)

Thought: Blessings are placed in our path every day. Some people won’t be bothered to accept them because they may be ‘trivial’. Accept and be grateful for even the little things.

***************

This evening when I left work, I hung a sign on my door “Tina is Out of the Office - on a ONE YEAR Leave of Absence!” That was fun. Although the campus is a really good place for Penny Finding. So the Penny Angels will need to find other creative places to plant their Pennies.

***************

It’s been quite a while since I’ve come home to find a Love Note from Doc because we have been carpooling many of the days this past term. Today there were two roses (a bit droopy after being in his hot car for a while) and a Love Note.

“Found 2 pennies at the base of the Administration building on campus after picking up my Emeritus Parking Permit”

“Found 1¢ at CVS after having coffee with son, Stephen”

“1¢ on the cement cap of a planter bed in the shopping center”

This man has Penny Fever. He is also very detail oriented (in a few things).

He noted that the six pennies today each came from a different decade:

60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s Interesting trivia.

Total: 7 Coins P (6), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.16

P.S. Doc just disclosed from where he got those two roses -- his ex-wife’s front yard. Cute!

No comments: