Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day #551 - City Talk

The City (according to their rules) has to respond to Review Applications within 30 days. Since today was Day #37 and we had no response yet, Doc and I decided to go meet our Project Planner to get an update.

On the way to the City, Doc needed his Starbucks fix. I walked next door past the Carl’s Jr. drive through window to search for coins. I figured I’d better get one early since the rest of the day my mind might be focused elsewhere. Two pennies were retrieved there (Coins #1&2).

***************

When Doc and I arrived at City Hall, the parking lot was fairly empty. We wondered if it was a holiday or something? Ample parking. As Doc stopped the car I thought, “It would be nice if we found a penny in this parking lot Before we went inside. That would be a positive sign for this meeting.” Before I opened my car door, I spotted a coin. It turned out to be a dime! Would that be 10x a good sign? (Coin #3).

We met with the Project Planner and emerged with a 6-page letter with the listing of edits and requirements. Everything from adding a Mandatory 24’ x 24’ Horse Corral to narrowing the driveway to changing the window shapes and adding more stone to the house. Much to do before we can resubmit.

***************

Yes, the rest of the day was spent dealing with incoming stuff. Trying to get shut down at work, plan a few events, deal with renter issues, help out some friends and co-workers, etc. etc. No time to think about any more coins.

On the drive home from work Doc insisted upon stopping at a gas station - not to refuel, but to find his coins since he did not have any today. He collected 3 pennies in the self-serve car wash area.

Lesson: The squeaky wheel gets noticed.

Total: 6 Coins P (5), N (0), D (1), Q (0) = $0.15

No comments: