Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day #561 - Anniversary

No alarm clock this morning! Yipee!

Since it was our 28th Anniversary, Doc wanted to go out for breakfast. (Of course he wants to do that every day!) Went to a newly opened restaurant. On the way in, I carefully looked at the dirt planter - three times. Doc also looked.

As we emerged from the restaurant there was a penny right outside the door! (Coin #1) I ran back inside to show the owner and tell him it was a good sign and to tell him about Penny Tales and to give him a Penny Card. Meanwhile Doc was once again looking in the dirt planter and found a quarter (barely recognizable) and another coin. (Coins #2&3).

We next stopped at Trader Joe’s for dog food. I also got some flowers for Doc for our anniversary. There was a dime as we first walked in, but one customer after another kept standing on it. Finally when it came time to check out, Doc and I stood in that lane in order to collect the dime. (Coin #4). And then I spotted an additional penny (Coin #5).

Our next stop was at the grocery store to return the rented DVDs. There was a dime by the photocopy machine. Big stretch, but I got it. (Coin #6). Just had to take a quick look at the check out lanes. One customer was loading the conveyor belt, but then evidently ran back to get a forgotten item. There were two pennies where she had been standing, so I grab those quickly before she returned. Doc and I were laughing that I was “dancing” on our anniversary - just not in a typical manner! (Coins #7&8). There was one additional penny right in my pathway as we exited the store. (Coin #9)

Food, Flowers, Dance, Romance and Coin Finds. A lovely Anniversary so far

At this point I began talking to the Penny Angels. “Doc really likes when he gets a ‘Hit for the Cycle’. Since it is our Anniversary, can you help Doc find a nickel as his Anniversary gift?(Keep in mind that nickels have been the rarest of the four primary coins for us to find).

***************

We went home to do chores, make some calls, and take a nap. By late afternoon Doc was saying “We really should go out for our anniversary. Do you want to hop on the Gold Line or something?” We hopped in the van and just headed out to go cruising. We stopped at a 7-11 just to look for pennies. One penny there (Coin #10). We went to an office supply store for yet another binder for the Penny Tales stories. I was trying to find one that matched my existing binders. (There are now 8 binders with the 560 Daily Tales). Then we walked next door to the CVS Pharmacy strictly to search for coins. As we walked in I spotted one penny by the registers, then a shiny shield penny by a display, then a dime. (Coins #11-13). I searched around the photocopy machine, but did not spot anything. Doc said, “What about this coin in the change return chute?” He pulled it out and it was a nickel! (Coin #14). I had forgotten about the request earlier today! Doc now had his Nickel! “Thank You Penny Angels!” Hit for the Cycle!

We were walking back to the van and laughing big time. JOY

Doc was saying: “I love how you get so happy with a simple coin find! A simple nickel can make you happy”.

Tina: “Well especially since I had requested that the Angels give you a nickel today”.

At that moment Doc stepped on a nickel right there in the middle of the parking lot!

Now we were REALLY laughing. (Coin #15).

We stopped at the 99¢ store. Doc spent 99¢ to buy something so I could approach the cash register and claim the penny on the floor. (Coin #16) Not a good return on investment.

Went to another office supply store to continue the search for the matching binder. Doc found another nickel! And I got my binder. (Coin #17) That was three nickels within an hour! The Penny Angels were having fun.

Went to the grocery store to check out a video for our anniversary night. One penny there. (Coin #18).

Total: 18 Coins P (11), N (3), D (3), Q (1) = $0.81

Lesson (Once again): Verbalize the Goal

No comments: