Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day #569 - Baker's Dozen

Doc and Sparky began their Sunday with a drive through Starbucks. After ordering, Doc spotted a penny while he was still three cars from the pick up window. At the pick up window he spotted a dime, then as he bent over to collect that one, he found a second one/ (Coins #2&3). Doc began to drive away, but had to stop before driving over a nickel. (Coin #4)/

***************

In the afternoon it was time to do our errands and grocery shopping. We stopped at a gas station. Doc collected a penny at the car wash area while I picked up my penny next to a motorcycle rider who was filling his gas tank. I told him he was my witness for today and gave him a Penny Card. Shared smiles. (Coins #5&6)

I was wanting to find some silver, so when we noticed the drive through at the Carl’s Jr. was empty, I couldn’t resist walking there. Doc just wanted a burger. We picked up a dime there and the cashier was really friendly. (Coin #7)

Stopped at 7-11 just for fun. Retrieved a penny and a dime inside. I was already back in the van when Doc collected another penny from a parking spot as a car was leaving. (Coins #8-10).

Two pennies at Trader Joe’s in a check out lane. (Coins #11&12). One penny at a check out lane at Stater Bros. groceries. (Coin #13)

We had a dozen coins when Doc said, “Hey Penny Angles, make it a Baker’s Dozen” and they did!

Total: 13 Coins P (8), N (1), D (4), Q (0) = $0.53

No comments: