Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, July 5, 2010

Day #563 - Rude Awakenings

I went to bed this morning at 5 AM because I was inspired during the night on some projects. At 6:30 AM the trash truck came hurdling through the neighborhood. No one had their trash cans out on the street because today is a holiday! So Doc and I flew downstairs in a bold attempt to get as many trashcans as we could out to the street before the truck completed his loop. We didn’t make it. I called the disposal company and told them a 6:30 AM pickup on a holiday was really a Rude Awakening! However, it did get our pulses racing.

Doc wanted to go for his morning coffee. While he did that, I got a penny across the parking lot (Coin #1). We went to one 99¢ store to look for something. Didn’t find what we needed, but Doc found HIS penny for today (Coin #2). We proceeded to the next 99¢ store. There was a bright shiny penny as I walked in, then another by the register (Coins #3&4). Meanwhile Doc was walking through the car wash across the street in his efforts to walk 10,000 steps today. He collected Penny #5.

The second 99¢ store also did not have what we were seeking, so we headed to a grocery store. I went inside while Doc and Sparky walked the parking lot. Upon going our separate ways, Doc said, “Let’s find more than pennies.” As I walked into the store, there was a dime in my path. (Coin #6). Meanwhile Doc spotted “something white” in the lot. It turned out to be a nickel. (Coin #7) Each of us found “more than a penny”. Doc also found a penny in the lot. (Coin #8). Doc met me inside the store and while he was waiting for me, he walked - and found three additional pennies. (Coins #9-11).

Lesson: Verbalizing leads to Manifesting

I had today’s Penny Tale written to this point and thought I was done for the day. We received a call from our tenant in Duarte. (We now rent out the condo where I lived prior to marrying Doc). The tenant moved out today and left all the keys under the doormat. Doc and I figured it was not good to leave the keys there very long, so at 10 PM we headed out. When we arrived it was a Rude Awakening. The place is trashed. It will take much work to make it rent-ready. This is not how I wanted to spend my summer. But we did find two dimes and 7 pennies upstairs. Maybe a sign that the Penny Angels will be with us on this additional project? (Coins #12-20)

Total: 20 Coins P (16), N (1), D (3), Q (0) = $0.51

No comments: