Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, July 16, 2010

Day #574 - Requests Fulfilled

This morning we headed off fairly early for a funeral in Ventura (100 mile drive). Half way there Doc needed his Starbucks fix. We were on the freeway offramp at a red light. Doc asked if I saw any pennies on my side. “No” (I was somewhat relieved because it was a busy offramp and there were at least 5 cars in front of us as well as behind us). But then … I spotted a very run-over nickel in a deep crack! Decision time… how long before the light turns green? “Doc move up 3 ft. and get closer ‘cause I’m going for it!” (Coin #1).

***************

We went to the funeral home for the Viewing Session. No one else was there. There was time before the afternoon graveside service, so Doc and I went to lunch. He saw a Subway Sandwich shop, but I dragged him into a South American restaurant instead. Yes, ANOTHER Anniversary meal. Maybe we will just celebrate every day this month!

There was a 30-min. graveside service with approximately 35 people in attendance. After that, everyone went to a local diner for lunch, then to the deceased Aunt’s house for chitchat.

***************

On the drive home this evening Doc was getting sleepy and needed a Starbucks fix. There were zero coins when I walked the drive through, so I walked to the grocery store as well. Found a penny there. (Coin #2). Doc came over to the store to meet me and found a dime propped vertically in a bicycle rack! Then a penny in a corner by a park bench. (Coins #3&4).

I said, “We just need a quarter now to Hit for the Cycle”. So we went into the CVS Pharmacy to look for a quarter. Only found a penny. (Coin #5)

We continued driving home on the freeway. A radio show was playing Love Songs and asking for requests. Doc was playing with me, “Why don’t you call in and request a song for our anniversary?”

I have never before called in a song request and did not want to do such a silly thing.

I called in and fulfilled Doc’s request. It was fun to speak with the Show Host and she did play a song for us. Request Fulfilled.


***************

We made a quick stop at the rental condo to see what progress had been made today. Lots of drywall mud on the walls. Doc was taking measurements on the toilets while I was leaving a note for the drywallers. Doc was shining the flashlight under the staircase when he shouted, “Tina, come look at this”! I was hoping it was not another leak or damaged item …

There were tools and boxes of mud and splats everywhere and plastic sheeting … and a quarter under the stairs! Request Fulfilled.

Coincidence? Or Manifesting? Or Penny Angels? Or…?

Total: 6 Coins P (3), N (1), D (1), Q (1) = $0.43

No comments: