Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day #583 - Walkin' and Rockin'


This morning son Brian and his fiancée came over. Doc and Brian worked on the 38 Chevy while Celeste and I did some work on my Neighborhood Watch project. After the guys installed the new fuel pump, Celeste was treated to her first ride in the car. Joyous moment.

***************

This evening we were invited to join some friends at a local Concert in the Park: a cappella Doo-Wop music by The Alley Cats. When we arrived at the park, Doc dropped me off to carry the chairs and ice chest while he parked the car. He found a dime in the street gutter while walking back to join me. (Coin #1).

We had 20 minutes before the 6 PM concert would begin and Doc was getting cranky for a coffee. We were told there was one just 2 blocks away. I wanted to get back to our seats, but Doc insisted we go for the coffee! We walked, and walked, and walked …I was mumbling to the Penny Angels out loud, “Penny Angels you had better get me a coin on this walk! I am here under protest, but obeying my husband. I am expecting to find a coin!” We finally arrived at the coffee shop to find they close at 3 PM on Sundays. I was not a Happy Hiker. I said, “Look Penny Angels, I am going to go 10 ft. in that direction, then I am returning to the concert.” At the end of the 10 ft. was a dime! (Coin #2).

As Doc and I were walking back to the park, he said, “There really ought to be more than one coin on this long walk.” At that moment he looked to his left in a planter bed and spotted a face-up quarter! (Coin #3).

***************

After the concert Doc needed to use a restroom, so we stopped at a grocery store. Before getting out of the van Doc said, “We don’t have a penny yet today, so you really ought to go in and get one of those”. Inside the store I was talking to the Angels: “This store is kept way too clean. No chance of coins on this floor!” And then I collected a Penny. (Coin #4).

After getting his coffee, Doc found me and asked if I had found any coins. I told him the floors were too clean to find much in that store. He then began searching in earnest. Spotted something under a coin changing machine and tried to show me. I could not see it. So he got down on both knees, set down his coffee, reached under the machine and pulled out a dime! (Coin #5) He’s good!

***************

We came home and did some work on the New House plans. This should be a Rockin’ Week ahead.

Total: 5 Coins P (1), N (0), D (3), Q (1) = 56¢

No comments: