Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, July 12, 2010

Day #570 - Home Work

The first errand today was to the Paint store to get supplies for making and painting a new gate in the yard. I was planning to go alone, but Doc insisted upon coming along. He stopped at Starbucks for his coffee while I walked the area for coins. Spotted just the edge of a penny standing vertically in a crack. The find was witnessed by a father and son who were out bike riding. I gave them a Penny Card and penny stories were exchanged. Shared joy. (Coin #1).

As we approached the paint store, I noticed there were no cars at the Taco Bell drive through. I couldn’t resist. I asked Doc to hang out in the van while I quickly ran past the window. I spotted a few pennies before even reaching the building. There were 5 pennies near a trashcan as if someone had just thrown them away! Then another penny wedged in a crack at the window area and two more pennies further away. (Coins #2-9).

As we were driving home after getting the paint, I realized I should have also purchased some disposable paint trays. So we detoured to the 99¢ Store. As Doc paid for the purchases, I looked around the check out lanes. Spotted a penny, so I let Doc get that one, and then another and another. (Pennies #10-12)

***************

After working together all morning, it was time for a break. Doc headed to school and I dealt with things on the homefront. Doc stopped at Starbucks for Round #2. He spotted two silver spots as he approached the window. However, when he got out of the van, he found a penny and a quarter. Yet he was sure he had seen two silvers. He got back in the van, but then noticed a dime from that angle. (Coins #13-15).

This afternoon we received a phone call from our youngest son. He needed some assistance. So we had a change of plans and met up with him. As we were driving home and stopped on the freeway offramp, I spotted and collected a penny. (Coin #16)

Total: 16 Coins P (14), N (0), D (1), Q (1) = $0.49

It feels like a Sunday. Hmmm … maybe because I did not go into work today?

No comments: