Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, July 30, 2010

Day #588 - Energized

This morning Doc was a bit grumpy since he did not get good sleep last night (my dog took up too much of the bed). So he went off to breakfast. On the way to check his postal box, he stopped at Vons to use the bathroom. At the coin counting machine in the reject slot were three pennies and a dime! Those did not look like rejects to him. (Doc coins #1-4).

Doc next went to Starbucks. The drive up window had a long line, so he went inside. The line of people inside was to the door, so he left. He went to Staters grocery for a coffee and groceries. He parked the car and spotted something; it was a bottle cap. But then he spotted a penny 6” from the tire, then one penny in the run off area, then one penny at the entrance to the store. (Doc coins #5-7).

Doc then walked the parking lot at the high school. He found a dime there (Doc coin #8). He stopped at a Circle K for a lottery ticket and found another dime outside by the trash can. (Coin #9)

***************

I spent the day on household tasks, things for the new house, and assorted projects. Then at noon there was our monthly physical therapy. That was Energizing.

The architect called to say our revised plans were ready so at 4 PM I drove over to fetch them. That was Energizing. She had also received the T-24 Energy Report. That was Energizing.

***************

On the way home I said, “Hi Penny Angels, I need a coin, where should I look?” They suggested a gas station. I asked which one? I was ‘nudged’ to one with a car wash (or maybe it was because I couldn’t see through the dirt on the windshield)? I was fuelling the truck and searching for coins. Didn’t find any at the pumps so I went into the convenience store. None in there either. Rats! “Penny Angels, where is my coin?” I was approaching my truck and spotted a card. “I’m not looking for trash”. I looked closer. The card seemed to be a real credit VISA card! Wow! That is definitely worth more than a penny! I was very anxious to call the credit card company ASAP to let them know I had found the card so they could notify the owner. It would not be necessary for her to cancel the account because I would get the card back to her. I pulled the truck into the car wash line so I could make the call. I was so anxious to make the call, that I forgot to get my car wash code number. So I walked back to the pump to get the code -- and there was a dime where I had been pumping! (Tina Coin #1) Blessings.

I called the credit card company and asked them to notify the owner and give her my phone number. They asked me to shred the card and said they would not take any of my information. They would notify the owner and let her know the account had been compromised. That is ridiculous! I did not want this lady to have to shut down her account - especially if they are linked to auto charges and such. What a lot of hassle. So I went home and did an internet search. Within minutes I had her phone number and address. She was very happy to get my call. That was energizing. Glad I was “nudged” to find that card for her.

***************

This evening Doc and I went for a Friday night date - to Lowe’s. Building Supplies. We “danced” in almost every aisle until closing time. Bought lots of things - including batteries. That should keep us energized.

We did not find any coins at Lowe’s and our “date night” would not be complete without a Coin Find, so on the way home, Doc pulled into a Circle K - for a coffee and coin. Neither one of spotted anything in the parking lot or the aisles of the store. I then asked the Penny Angels for a coin and found one in between the ice cream freezer and wall! (Tina Coin #2).

Thought: We are energized and ready to proceed at full speed!

Think of 3 things from today which “Energized” you. (It’s really just another way of saying ‘Count Your Blessings’)

Total: 11 Coins P (6), N (0), D (5), Q (0) = 56¢

No comments: