Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Thursday, October 7, 2010

Day #657 - Bloomin'

Today I had 10-12 places to go for various items and research. The first stop was to get a new battery for Doc’s pedometer. The local jeweler does that for $3 in a few minutes - much better than going to WalMart for it. As I left the store, I thought, “Show me a penny for Stephanie (the owner)” Sure enough! There was a penny before I reached my truck. I went back to share the smile with the people in the jewelry store and share the good fortune with them. (Coin #1)

The next stop was Target. One penny at an empty aisle. Then I spotted a second penny and cut off a lady who was heading for that lane. I smiled and gave her a card to help explain the insanity. (Coins #2&3).

***************

Last night I was “nudged” to get and deliver flowers for a friend. I thought it was a strange nudging. This morning the flower nudging was stronger. I argued, “That is silly to get flowers and drive all the way over there. For what reason?” The nudging did not go away. So I stopped at Trader Joe’s for flowers. I was nudged to look for coins on the way in. I searched around a few outdoor tables, then said, “there is no cents looking here”. But I continued and found a penny at the very last table. (Coin #4). Then as I passed by the window of the burger place, I spotted a penny inside. I went in and the cashier asked if she could take my order. “Not really. Just claiming the Penny!” (Coin #5)

***************

I did deliver the flowers and stopped a few other places. One stop was the Rock Yard to investigate the stone veneer for the house. This is a small place with a dirt driveway and about three parking spots. As I got out of my truck, I thought, “No sense even looking for coins in the dirt here.” The owner, Steve was really nice and helpful. I took notes and went back to my truck. There was a penny there! (Coin #6) It makes me wonder if those coins are signs indicating which suppliers to use? Of course I grabbed a Penny Card and went back inside to Share the Penny Finding story with Steve. He smiled, shared Joy.

This evening my friend Mandy called regarding the flowers on her doorstep. Talk about thought transmission! We must have been broadcasting back and forth. Fun stuff.

Doc came home from school with one penny which he had found while walking with two of his students after classes. (Coin #7)

Total: 7 Pennies

The familiar saying “Bloom Where You are Planted” comes to mind today.

We can all bring smiles to people around us in silly little ways.

No comments: