Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, October 29, 2010

Day #679 - Signed On

This morning we met for an hour at our house with Daryl and two potential framers. We expect their bid next week.

Then we signed the official Agreement with Daryl to serve as our Project Manager/Contractor. You’ll probably be hearing his name mentioned frequently over the next year. As soon as he signed the Agreement, I put him to work -- for the next 5 hours! (And his contract doesn’t even begin until November 1). Some of you who have worked with me at school and other events, are probably laughing out loud right now.

At 5 PM Doc and I needed to get out of the house. We made a delivery to the architect’s office, then headed for the high school parking lot. Doc found a penny fairly quickly (Coin #1). I headed for the skateboard park area. Found one in the dirt as I approached the gate. The next one was very shiny and sitting on top of a trash can! (Coin #2). There were a few more in the dirt. (Coins #3-5). Then I spotted another one in the planter, but couldn’t reach through the railing. I had Doc crawl through the bushes to fetch it. He emerged with that penny, holes in his shirt, dried leaves all over him - and four additional pennies as well. My big, strong, hunter! (Coins #6-10).

Next Doc insisted upon a stop for cans of chicken soup and diet soda for dinner. At the grocery store he found a penny at the shopping carts before entering, then during check out I collected a nickel at the feet of the customer in front of me. Of course I gave her a Penny Card. (Coins #11-12). Smiles Shared.

Total: 12 Coins P (11), N (1), D (0), Q (0) = $0.16

No comments: