Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Monday, December 20, 2010

Day #731 - Green Lights

This morning I conducted business at the City (see previous note) and got all “Green Lights” to begin construction. It has been raining hard for several days and is expected to continue raining for a few more. I had only a few minutes until my next appointment.

I stopped at a gas station / convenience store to look for coins. It was raining fairly hard and I was not enjoying the search at the gas pumps. No coins found there. I was disappointed and told the Penny Angels as much. As I walked in to the store I said, “I know there is a coin here, please open my eyes to it”.

I went into the store and carefully searched the entire place - twice. (It was not very big).

Then I got serious …

Tina: “Look Penny Angels, I am going to be busy the rest of today. This is your ONLY chance to provide a coin. YOUR choice. Do you want a Penny Tale today or not?”

I was leaving the store empty handed. Just before I reached the door …

Nudging: “Look at that spot”

Tina: “That’s not a Penny, that is a water spot like all those others.”

Nudging: “Look again”

Tina: “I looked there twice already”

Nudging: “Stop arguing. You need to pass by it to get out of here so at least pause a moment”.

Tina: “OK. It’s a dime, not a penny. You win. THANKS”.

Doc spent much of the day at son Stephen’s house working on the dresser for the new baby. On his way there, Doc stopped for a snack at “MizDonalds” (according to Grandson, Ethan). There he found a dime and a quarter.

Total: 3 Coins P (0), N (0), D (2), Q (1) = $0.45

No comments: