Background

In March 2008 I began Finding Pennies. In December 2008 I began sharing these "Penny Tales" with a few close friends. They encouraged me to blog the Penny Tales such that more people could enjoy the Adventures with Penny Angels.


Please visit the website: http://www.pennyfinders.com

Joyfully, Tina


Friday, December 31, 2010

Day #742 - New Year's Eve

This morning Doc and Sparky were making a run for a breakfast burrito. I offered to go along to search for coins. While they waited at the drive through window, I walked the nearby diner drive throughs. No coins! I even tried the car wash. Nothing. The guy at the car wash asked me what I was searching for? I told him “Today’s Penny” and as soon as I had uttered those words, I found a penny! (Coin #1). Meanwhile Doc and Sparky got breakfast and one penny (Coin #2).

Then we headed for the bank. Doc tossed me out of the van at the In-N-Out burger. There was a dime in a crack by the dining tables. Then a penny which I had to dig out of a crack with my pocket tool -- the penny had a significant chip out of it. Another penny at one of the drive up windows (Coins #3-4.8).

Yesterday I goofed off - had time with friends, worked on the jigsaw puzzle given to us for Christmas, and went for a foot massage. Today I paid the price for that. My blood pressure was way high, a blood vessel in my eye burst, and my neck was extremely painful from leaning over the jigsaw puzzle so I ended up wearing at hot pack. “Goofing Off” is hazardous to one’s health!

Around 6 PM tonight Doc was getting on my nerves. He spent the whole day just sort of “hanging around”. I asked him to take a hike. He went to the Circle K for a lottery ticket and a penny, the CVS pharmacy for a dime under the copier, a penny at the counter, and a penny outside on the walkway, then the grocery store for a penny. (Coins #6-10). He also put 4,000 steps on his pedometer.

While Doc was gone, I did some email research on bathroom heaters and vents. Today we also arranged for a meeting with the surveyor, began the arrangements with the fund disbursement company, and a few other new house related tasks.

This next year will bring the Penny Palace dream into reality!

Which of your dreams are YOU going to make happen in 2011?

Total: 9.8 Coins P (7.8), N (0), D (2), Q (0) = $ 0.28

No comments: